Tuesday, May 12, 2015

To My Students On The Eve of Your AP Language and Composition Exam #Edblogaday

Dearest AP LANG, 

On the eve of your exam, a first AP exam for a number of you, I know that there are nerves, last minute ruminating, and wondering what tomorrow will bring.  For me too.  

Please know this:  I am beyond proud of the work you have done this year.  You have grown and challenged yourself, your peers and me as you have become stronger students, critical thinkers, and braver young adult.  You are all able to step into uncertainty with the certainty that you have the tools in your toolboxes to conquer any challenge that is before you.

Amy Tan wrote, "Words to me were magic. You could say a word and it could conjure up all kinds of images or feelings or a chilly sensation or whatever. It was amazing to me that words had this power." Tomorrow, your words will be your power, use them to show the strength of your mind and determination of your soul. 

Get some rest, eat a smart breakfast and I will see you in the morning.

Best,
Ms. Towne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear TeamTowne Advisory... or Wonder Women: The End of a Era

To My Wonder Women... Advisory is a double edged sword.  There are wonderful things like: community and friendship, built in support mech...